Saturday, 4 June 2011

Chalice by Robin McKinley





 Chalice is a light book, pretty carefree and sweet.

OLD MASTER: LOL I JUST DIED WITH MY CHALICE IN WHAT THE READERS ARE LED TO ASSUME WAS AN ORGY FULL OF HOES, BLOW AND BOOZE. RESPECT, KNUCKLESSSSSSSS.
MIRASOL: Damn, I was so happy being a bee-keeper. Now I've been chosen as the new Chalice, a priestess co-ruler of the land. Oh, well, I need to study and try my best because responsibilities are inescapable and you should try to make the best of your circumstances.
NEW MASTER: I'm the younger brother of the OLD MASTER who sent me to be a Priest of Fire. I also take responsibilities seriously and I'll try my best even though my apprenticeship has turned me into an entity of PURE MOTHERFUCKING FIRE. Literally.
MIRASOL: Hey, NEW MASTER, welcome, you are so hot.
NEW MASTER: Hey baby, come closer. I'd go to you, but, you know... made of fire over here.
MIRASOL: Have a drink of my chal- ow. Ow. OW.
NEW MASTER: Sorry, baby, my touch is scorching. Literally.
MIRASOL: That's ok, my bees like you.
NEW MASTER: ...Your bees?
MIRASOL: Yes, I walk around covered in bees.
NEW MASTER: That is just as hardcore as being made of fire.
MIRASOL: We have a lot in common.

I don't know, it's not a serious book, but I loved it, it was so cute!

Robin McKinley's Chalice @ The Book Depository

 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top