Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay



Okay, that 3rd pov (Bo) was one too many, it really wasn't needed, it just made it seem like the author couldn't find a more skilful way to impart that information.

The thing about this book is that the stories within it - the legends that are told - are actually really amazing, I mean, "this stuff is what magic is made of" amazing. And then we get back to the plot and... it's good.
I liked the characters, and I loved the plot twists, but when you start the story with beautiful writing about a wondrous legend, then switch to plain storytelling... it leaves me frustrated! Because I've already seen proof that the author can do better!

Don't get me wrong, I genuinely liked this book, but when the story about the girl who fell in love with a fickle star is told in a way that just slams right into my heart, and the romance between the main characters is sweet but nowhere near that... well, as I said, it's frustrating!

But go read it! It's well worth the read!


Stacey Jay's official site

Buy Of Beast and Beauty
@ The Book Depository (with free worldwide delivery!)

Add to your Goodreads
Of Beast and Beauty


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top