Sunday, 8 September 2013

30 Day Book Challenge: Isa's Day 09 - A Book I Thought I Wouldn't Like, But Ended Up Loving

This series


I make no secret of my love for the Flora Segunda series, the thing is, I have never found anything that could compare. I don't mean the plot, that would be a negative point, obviously, I mean that heroine who is not particularly concerned about her looks - is in fact aware they're not the best, but doesn't care - because there are important things happening, damnit! So who has time for that?! Let's get things done, all I need is my bravery and cunning.

Also, an amazing adventure in a world where magic is acknowledged (if not accepted), a sidekick who is an equal (and not necessarily a love interest), parents with their own lives and backstories, secondary characters who feel real and aren't just there to advance the plot. And mistakes! So many mistakes made by the characters, but they learn from them, and they're never the tstl kind. All that and there are very funny moments sprinkled throughout.

It breaks my heart that The Assassin's Curse is only a duology - not that Cassandra Rose Clarke didn't wrap everything up in the most expert of ways- she did! But it was just so, so! good that I wanted more. (Yes, even with the accompanying short stories it was not enough for me, I'm greedy like that).

Cassandra Rose Clarke's official site

Buy The Assassin's Curse
@ The Book Depository (with free worldwide delivery!) 
Buy The Pirate's Wish
@ The Book Depository (with free worldwide delivery!)

Add to your Goodreads
The Assassin's Curse
The Pirate's Wish


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored this duology! And she is writing a companion duology in the SAME WORLD. I almost died when I found out. I cannot get my best friend to read them, though. She will not listen to reason. I pre-ordered the Assassin's curse and lent it to her. That was over a year ago. How has she has that book for over a year and still not read it. She makes me so mad. D: Maybe I should show her this post to convince her to get on the ball....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wrote this forever ago and probably don't even remember it, but I only saw it now - so sorry!
      Is The Wizard's Promise set in the same universe?! I did not know that, you just made my day!!

      Delete

Back To Top