Thursday, 10 October 2013

30 Day Book Challenge: Isa's Day 25 - Character I can relate to the most

Angela! From Sarah Rees Brennan's The Lynburn Legacy! 
          

A few examples as to why:

“Nap,” Angela finished, in the reverent tones of a knight who has finally spotted the Holy Grail.


Kami and Angela spent twenty minutes clearing out their new office together. Then Angela gave up, gave a low moan, and fell onto the sofa, which was still covered in boxes. She lay there, her arm thrown over her eyes.


Angela was wandering around looking like she wanted an excuse to kick someone’s kneecaps


“Oh, Rusty, why did you let her in?” Angela said. “We could have just lain down on the floor until she went away. We could’ve had a nice floor nap.”


“Oh no, oh no,” Angela moaned as soon as she walked into the headquarters at lunchtime. She drew Kami into a corner away from the others. “What are these people doing here, Kami? You know I don’t like people.”


“It’s too weird. I’m going to call you Carl.”
Jared scowled. “I don’t want you to call me Carl.”
“That’s interesting, Carl,” said Angela, cheering up.


“Why are you doing this to me?” Angela moaned. “I knew getting out of bed today was even more of a mistake than it usually is.”


Angela winced. “No loud noises. It is naptime.”


“I hate practically everybody,” Angela pointed out.


Angela opened her eyes all the way. “Somewhere with other people? But other people bother me.”


Angela leaning back on her stool and drawing a scarlet nail with deliberate meaning across her throat at boys who she thought were staring too long.


“What are you doing?” Angela complained. “Are you trying to make
me jog? You know I think people who jog should be shot at midday.”

“Why at midday?” Kami asked absently.
“There’s no need to ever get up at dawn,” Angela told her. “Not even to shoot joggers.”




Check out Sarah Rees Brennan's LJ, website, or tumblr!

Buy Unspoken:
@ The Book Depository
Buy Untold:
@ The Book Depository

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top