Friday, 4 October 2013

Thorns (The Frost Chronicles #2) by Kate Avery Ellison



This was a such beautifully written and engaging story...
In fact, this was everything I wanted the first volume (Frost) to have been!

The writing... once again I have to mention it : It was freaking perfect, the descriptions were spot on, like what had happened with the first book!

I'm not only reading the words, I'm there, feeling the snow crunching beneath my feet.
I'm there running through the forest.... watching the despair of all those people losing what little freedom they had left, and having to fight against all and everything. Against long forgotten monsters and tyrants who have invaded their lands.
And I'm there seeing two people fall in love...

Those who want power will never stop until all is conquered. But when everything is taken, heroes will rise... some will risk their lives, others may only offer a helping hand, but in the end, changes will become unstoppable, and nothing will be the same.

 The interactions between the characters were flawless. Between family members, friends, neighbours, and then there's others that aren't yet named... but who I hope will be there for a long time...
All of those, were beautifully crafted, and  most important believable.

The only reason why I still haven't read the third book is because of a dreaded love triangle...
I really wish authors would stop writing them... especially in this case! The story was interesting enough to keep me engaged, and just that growing awareness that develops between Lia and Adam made me a happy reader. If only I didn't know that I'm going to be stuck with Gabe on the third one...
But even so, I'm looking forward to reading the last volumes of this series.
Definitely recommended.

Author official Site

Buy "Thorns"
@Bookdepository.com (with free worldwide Delivery)


Follow on Bloglovin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top