Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi




Amazing!

I think this one was even better than the first one!! It started kind of slow, but OH MY GOD then in the last chapters it become so intense and riveting and... I DON'T KNOW!! My heart is pounding like a maniac in my chest! And I feel like crying and laughing at the same time!! o.O

This story picks up immediately after "Under the Never Sky" finishes. Aria and Peregrine (Perry) are reunited, but things won't be easy for either of them. Predicting his people adverse reactions, Aria proposes that they keep their relationship private.

Aria is on a schedule. She will have to find the place known as "Still blue" if she wants to save Talon, Perry's nephew.

Perry has just become his people's "Blood Lord". And they don't see with kind eyes the presence of a "dweller", such as a Aria... even if she's just half dweller.

In no time, Aria has to face a heartbreaking choice. She knows that if she stays, Perry will loose his people's trust...
So she and Roar decide to leave in search of Liv and "The Ever blue"...

One of this books strongest points, let's face it, are the characters.
They're complex people who continue to feel real to me.

I think that the author did an amazing job developing the connections between the various characters. It's like a perfect web... of love and friendship threads.

I admit that in the beginning I wasn't expecting to end up liking this story as much as I did the first one.
So, what happened ?
Perfect descriptions that transport us right to inside the story. It was great! I could almost see the arrows FLY!!
That doesn't happen many times....

Then:
NO FREAKING  LOVE TRIANGLE!! YAY!! THANK YOU, VERONICA ROSSI!!
Honestly, what are the chances that every single girl, in every dystopian world has a whole horde of suitors?? C'mon...

Instead I just loved reading about the friendship that the author created between Aria and Roar.

Great action scenes... intense, heartbreakingly intense scenes.(I'm hoping for a miracle!)

Strong, reliable, interesting characters... from Perry, Aria, Roar, Liv... to Cinder, I can't wait to read more about them all.
January can't come soon enough!! ;)


Buy Through The Ever Night

 Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. great review, I loved the book too, and can't wait till January too. I can totally agree, no love triangle was one of the best parts, and so vividly described, I really thoght that i was beside characters sometimes. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) it's always nice to "meet" someone who also enjoys "Under the Never Sky" world!

    I'm really happy i started this one. There's so many dystopias flooding the literary market right now, but this one is really worth the hype. I can't wait to start reading the third one!:)

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top