Thursday, 14 November 2013

Dead On The Delta (Annabelle Lee #1) by Stacey Jay


First of all, I should probably mention that I was really looking forward to reading this book. And unlike what has become somewhat of a trend, luckily this did not disappoint me! 

It has a very  interesting concept, with a very different leading character...

  Annabelle Lee is let's say... a borderline alcoholic, who has a sleeping pills addiction. Then she has trust and relationship issues, and she also has a crappy job_ literally speaking, in a sort of way.

The book's plot takes place in a "special" Louisiana, where fairies have undergone a mutation and have become the stuff of nightmares. They are real monsters whose bite can kill you or "simply" drive you to insanity. 

Most of the population isn't immune to their bite. But Annabelle is.
 Big mouth, mind in the gutter, leave them, before they leave you, Annabelle Lee has some sort of natural fairy repellent... if only she could sell it!

So it took me a while to start liking such a flawed and at times depressed character. But then I couldn't stop reading it. She really got under my skin. She became real.
Contrary to my personal tastes, I have to say that in this case, in this book, I didn't even mind the love triangle approach (Yes, there's one!). In a way I think it will serve for Annabelle, to get her act straight.

She doesn't know who she is anymore. She is so messed up that one cannot help but sympathize with her.

Then I really liked the way the mystery was played. Honestly didn't see that one coming. As they say: "still waters really run deep".

Can't wait to read more about Cane and Hitch. I really liked Cane and the way he's there for Annabelle. But at the same time Hitch just leaves one... I don't know... wondering, is probably the right word.
So, I found this book to be a great reading. Can't wait to read the second in the series "Blood in The Bayou".

Author Official Site

Buy "Dead On The Delta
@Bookdepository.com (With Free worldwide delivery!)


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top