Sunday, 1 December 2013

Brooke ( Under The Never Sky 2.5) by Veronica Rossi




At the risk of becoming redundant, I must say this:

I LOVE the author's writing style!!!

Whether on a full story or a short one, even if someone would change the names and locations, I would know this had been written by author Veronica Rossi.

The words that compose the short sentences are filled with a strength, as if themselves carry the Aether in them. This just makes the reading even more addictive!
And then there's this unquestionably poetry in the writing:

I focus on the movement of his mouth over mine, which is full of affection and care. He kisses like a poet. Like he’s writing poems on my lips.

So why only a 3.5 star rating?
Because it's a novella!!! A short one!

Although that glimpse into the third book (okay, that was just mean! Because once I started it I just wanted to read the whole thing!!) pushed it practically into a four star rating!

But this is Brooke's book, which I'll admit I had never particularly liked, (which is unjust, I know) so the rating will be only regarding this novella.

But after reading this story, I'll admit that I'm happy the author wrote it.

It was a revelation into Brooke's character. I especially liked how the friendship between her and the other three (Perry, Liv, and Roar) was seen through her eyes.
She's a strong and fiercely loyal friend and sister.

The only reason this doesn't get a four star rating is because the whole situation with the "brothers" (no, not her brothers!!) was a little strange...

Bottom line: I think the story would be stronger if it had been more focused on Brooke's evolution as a character and a little less on how she's trying to get over Perry... with the "brothers" help...
And then there were the comments regarding Soren... and even Roar.

For me, it was a little too much... ah, how to put this... *boys on my mind*!
I just wanted to yell at Brooke:
"Girl, stop, take a time out from boys, and just go practice your target shooting!

BUT, the author did warn us readers about the "smoochiness" level of this novel! ;) lol

Oh, and I've just read that this "situation" is inspired in Goldilocks and The Three Bears... but with kisses.
Okay, that explains it... kind of... o_O

Author's Official Site

Buy "Brooke"
@amazon.com


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top