Friday, 31 January 2014

Susana's Latest Book Purchases

The advantage of being able to read arcs of most books I really want to read, is that it allows me _well, most of the times _ to only buy the physical copies of the books I really like! :)
This has two advantages: More money to spend on books that I actually like, and less space on my shelves occupied by books that I don't appreciate.
Yes, the space on my shelves is getting smaller :(

Since it may take me a little while to finish the books that I'm reading at the moment, No Dominion (Walker Papers 7.5) by C. E. Murphy and Swift (Fairy Rebels #4) by R. J. Anderson, I decided to share with you guys my latest book purchases. Because, let's face it, we book lovers are curious like that! ;)

Into The Still Blue
Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Okay, you wouldn't believe the time I wasted deciding which edition of this book to buy!
First, I was set on buying the American edition.
Then comparing book sizes (yes, I do that) it came to my attention, that the American edition wouldn't "sit well" side by side with the other two books that I already have, Atom edited!
Then it was the prices!
Then it was the size... again!
Finally, I decided that I liked the Atom cover edition best! o_O
I know... I'm nuts.
Also, still waiting for this edition to be released....

Hearts in Darkness

Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye

This is a book which ebook I read last year... or maybe 2012? Ups, I'm not sure any more.
Suffice to say that I loved it! So, for a long, long time I kept searching for this book on BD, ( because of course I also wanted it in paperback) without any luck.
Up until a few weeks ago, when I finally found it there! ;)
Now, I'm just waiting for it to arrive!



Lost Lake

Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen

Since the publisher of this book kindly allowed me to read an arc of this book, this story is no longer a secret to me :)
Like I said in my review, it may not have been my favourite book Sarah Addison Allen book, but I still loved it. Then I have been buying all the books by this author, so of course I would have to buy this one as well!
In the end, my only question would be: Buy this in Portuguese or English?
English of course, because I love this cover, and this way I won't have to scream at the translation! ;)
I don't even care if the colours won't combine ;)
Here are the Portuguese covers of SAA's books:

O Jardim Encantado O Quarto Mágico O Feitiço da Lua A Árvore dos Segredos

No way are we going to design a cover more beautiful than the one from Lost Lake!
At least I hope not!

Finally, I also bought the long awaited Cress By Marissa Meyer:

This lovely paperback edition will also be making its stop by my house! ;)

Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)

Since I've loved the previous two books, and the world the author created, I can't tell you how anxious I am to finally read this story!

Also, and taking advantage of some big discounts I also bough (but in the translated editions):

Raven's Gate (The Gatekeepers, #1)    

Of course I was familiar with this author's work, mostly due to the Alex Ryder movie adaptation, but it was only when I started seeing the tv series Foyle's War (that i loved) that takes place during World War II that I decided to give this series a try.

This one, I only bought it because a long time ago I saw the movie adaptation, and I found it curious. I'm talking about Peter Hoeg's  Smilla's Sense of Snow:

Smilla e os Mistérios da Neve


Let's see what's better. The book or the movie :)
And you?
What books have you been buying?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top