Saturday, 5 July 2014

The Journey by Jan Hahn





HELP! I SUFFER FROM A TERRIBLE AFFLICTION! I CAN'T STOP READING THESE P&P FANFICS!

There really should be a support group for people like me, I honestly cannot stop.

I've read some pretty terrible adaptations, but thankfully this wasn't one of those. 
Yes, there were a few things I disliked, mentions of Alice in Wonderland (which hadn't been published at the time), Elizabeth wearing corsets instead of stays, a bunch of historical inaccuracies, if I must be truthful.

But really, this is basically Austen fanfiction, I'm not here to complain about historical accuracy.

I loved how Darcy and Elizabeth behaved in character, just as all the other characters. 

The premise is just as exciting as the summary promises it to be: on their way to London, the Bingley sisters, Darcy and Elizabeth are on their way to London when their coach is stopped by highwaymen intent on divesting them of their jewel and money. ...Until they decide they'll take Elizabeth to "entertain" the men. Darcy immediately jumps into action, proclaiming that Elizabeth is his wife. Which is how they're both taken hostage in hope of extracting a ransom from Darcy's uncle, the Earl.

Darcy and Elizabeth involve themselves in a web of lies, digging themselves deeper and deeper, while they try to survive together... really close together.

I don't want to spoil anything, but rest assured this is a nice addition to Austen "what-ifs", so give it a try!


Jan Hahn 's official site

Buy The Journey
@ The Book Depository (with free worlwide delivery!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top