Saturday, 11 October 2014

Diamonds and Toads: A Modern Fairy Tale by K.E. Saxon



arc provided by the author through netgalley

Admittedly I kept putting off reading this book. I requested it through netgalley and the description wasn't complete at the time. When I saw the complete description: "If you like (...) Sex and the City and Gossip Girl (...)"
... Well, the thing is, I really don't!

I'm not saying this was the defining reason for the rating I gave this book, but it certainly didn't help.

I found the plot both over-simplistic and unbelievable. There is no suspension of disbelief that can cope with all the convenient events that try to move the plot along. 

Both main characters... though more developed than the rest (which were basically cardboard figures) were unlikeable and too stupid to live.

And I'm not even going to get into the ill-used punctuation in this book.

I guess I'll end my review here - when you have nothing good to say...


(If you still want to) Buy Diamonds and Toads
@ The Book Depository (with free worldwide delivery!)

2 comments:

  1. I do like free delivery, but this going to a no for me. I hate GG. So much unnecessary catty behavior.

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top