Thursday, 23 October 2014

The Whispers (The Hollows #1) by Lisa Unger






Arc provided by Pocket Books through Netgalley
Release Date: October 27th

This is the first of three short stories that follow the life of Eloise Montgomery after a tragedy strikes her life. After surviving a brutal accident, Eloise finds herself having visions of people in danger. 
People she never met.
But how can she help other people, when she's barely living herself?

What I liked:
The writing
 It's deep, sad and heartbreaking, and it pulls you right into the story.

The characters
They're well drawn despite the short number of pages, and after meeting them, I just wanted a full length book (or a full length series) about Eloise's and Amanda's lives.

The plot
With the introduction of the paranormal aspect, I think the story would have been stronger had there been a little more...something!  I don't know...maybe a little more development regarding Eloise's acceptance  of her gift.
Having already read the second short (The Burning Girl), I think Agatha could have made an early appearance in this book.

But globally it was good, especially for a story being told in such a short number of pages.
Also, not only did it leave me curious about the author's other works, it made me realize that I haven' read a full length Lisa Unger novel in awhile.  

"The Whispers is a prequel to the novel FRAGILE, in which Eloise is first introduced." (as written on the author's page)
Yessss, another book to my TBR pile o_O



Buy "The Whispers"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top