Thursday, 25 December 2014

The Unexpected Duchess (Playful Brides #1) by Valerie Bowman




I will just come up front and say that I had the most wonderful time while reading this story!

The story starts amazingly: We have our main character Lady Lucy, hidden in the middle of a bush _at night!_ in order to _just like a Cyrano _ give some most needed lines to her good friend Lady Cassandra, who is basically incapable of dealing with a persistent suitor.
Of course things don't go according to the plan, and the suitor, Lord Hunt unmasks the charade...well, the guy isn't deaf _or daft! _, and Cass is such a ninny, that she blotches the whole thing!

What follows next, is a long battle of wits dealt between Lucy and Derek, before both of them admits that: Hey, we're actually perfect for one another! Lets get hitched!

The thing is, this book has a whole lot of pointless _ Long, long _ drama inserted in the story!
I am not a fan of this type of thing, but I loved the characters _ the main ones, alongside with Jane and Gareth _ so bloody much, that despite my frustration with  "oh, look at that, more drama!", I couldn't care less!
I devoured this book. I was up almost until five am in the morning, and I had fun while reading it.
In fact, this book made me remember why I used to love reading historical romances so much!
This means that I had to start with the dreaded second book asap....Cassandra's book o_O

Let me just say that I am dying to get my hands on the third one, because it is Gareth's and Jane's book, and they don't have a Cassandra ninny idiotic bone in their bodies! ;)
My thanks to Isa, who recommended this book to me.

Author's Official Site

Buy " The Unexpected Duchess"
@Bookdepository.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top