Friday, 2 January 2015

This Night So Dark (Starbound #1.5) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner




I read (and fell in love with) These Broken Stars, and since I already have This Shattered World,  I was looking forward to reading This Night So Dark.

The one problem I have with this series so far is that the stories are really slow to start. I think it took me over a week to get past These Broken Stars' first chapter, and I only read on because I was trapped in a waiting room with nothing else to read.
In retrospective, I'm glad of it because it turned out to be my favourite book of 2014!

The same issue occurs in this novella: it's sloooooooow and when it gets to the good bits they don't last long enough (since this is a novella) to really catch my interest. 

That's not to say it wasn't good, my lack of enjoyment is merely a reflection of my disappointment when my expectations for this novella weren't met. 
Kaufman and Spooner can write, and the quality of their writing is alive and well here. 

Plus, we did get some Lila/Tarver snippets, and since they're my OTP...

Anyway, it's really short and FREE!
So go read it!

Read This Night So Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top