Friday, 13 March 2015

Once Upon a Rose ( La Vie En Rose #1) by Laura Florand





This was the first book I've read by this author, and I truly enjoyed it.
Okay, not as much as I was expecting to, considering how it started _ brilliantly _ but it ended up being a nice, cosy read.
I think this is probably the first book that I've read, in which a male character is constantly blushing, which was mostly endearing; but towards the end, this and another traits _for me_ became a little repetitive.

We have an OTP couple here: Matthieu and Layla are completely perfect for one another.
Both of them wear their hearts on their sleeves, although Matt tries to hide this situation through a lot of growling. Most of his close family try to act as if they believe the act.
Not Layla. Layla has a lot of fun teasing and provoking the big growly bear...which results in more blushes and incapacity of donning a simple t-shirt in the woman's presence.
The guy's brain apparently turns to mush in her presence: It's sweet! And yes, hilarious.

The problem is that the story felt a little long and repetitive considering what happens _ not much _ besides the romance between those two. Romance that takes place in the span of a week..or even less, if I am not mistaken.

Helping these two love-birds _ lol of course their definition of help may at times be controversial _ is a vast number of characters _ Matt has a big family _ that includes Matt's cousins, who I bet will be the leading characters of the next volumes in this series.

In the end I guess this should be seen as a novella, that has the task of presenting a new series and a new set of characters.
For me _ despite the at times sugar overload _ this was a very positive read.
I enjoyed the setting and the author's writing style. Would have loved it even more, if there weren't so many descriptions of the characters mushy feelings for one another.

 Author's Official Site

Buy " Once Upon a Rose"
@Bookdepository.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top