Monday, 25 May 2015

Dearest Rogue ( Maiden Lane #8 ) by Elizabeth Hoyt




                         Arc provided by Forever ( Grand Central Publishing) through Netgalley

                                                           Release Date: May 26

Engaging story with likeable characters but with one too many kidnapping scenes.
Okay, there were three scenes. -_-

What I enjoyed more about this story was basically the characters: Phoebe and James make a really sweet couple ( I guess people who have been following this series, know this already...), and I thought that their relationship with their families was well done.

The guy isn't overbearing _much _ and he does take into account Phoebe's needs. Which makes him a decent and sweet human being.
Like Phoebe he also has a physical disability although of a very different nature: She is blind and he has a problem with one of his legs.
Neither of them dwell into fits of self pity: they make the best they can with what they've got.

It had been a while since I'd read a Maiden Lane novel _basically I read the first three books when they first were released _ so I had a lot of characters names thrown at me, but it "was bearable" and it definitely left me in the mood to read some more books in the series.

Author's Official Site

Buy it!
@Bookdepository.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top