Saturday, 9 May 2015

Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races #8) by Thea Harrison





This was such an entertaining and addictive read!

I find the Elder Races series as a bit of a hit-or-miss. Sometimes I don't particularly care for the character. Sometimes I just can't feel the connection between the couples. Sometimes I just don't like the book at all. 
But when Thea Harrison gets it right, she gets it really right!

I didn't read the book before this one. No offence but most of my friends found it dull, and since there was such a power imbalance within the relationship, and as I find the whole business with the djinn to be a great bore, I didn't really bother with it. However, I did read the epilogue to get sure I didn't miss anything going in to this book!

Melly and Julian were scorching the last pages of the book before this one, so I was quite enthusiastic to just move on to this book. And I was not disappointed!
Their relationship was just something that sizzled, the UST, the way Julian did not hesitate to risk his life for Melly even though their past wasn't all sunshine and rainbows...
I really felt as if their history, their connection, was real!

Add that to a solid urban fantasy plot, and I just could not stop reading until the book ended, and I wish I could read beyond that because I was loving this couple!

I obviously recommend it!


Thea Harrison's official site

buy Midnight's Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top