Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Crossed (Soul Eaters #3) by Eliza Crewe





Meda, my favourite Soul Eater... person is back! :D
And with her comes the usual array of cockiness, self-preservation and humility... *snort*, just seeing if you were paying attention, that are her known trademarks.

Now, what can I say about this story?
First of, I have to start by saying that this book surprised the hell out of me! 
And in a most positive way.
It went "places" I never thought it could go. Both physically and morally.

There was so much depth to the characters as I'm not used in reading in the YA (or basically anywhere) genre, that a couple weeks later, I'm wondering why didn't I gave this five stars. o_O


Meda continues to be her own self, which Is great. There's nothing I hate more than multiple personality issues in a series that I'm following.

She's arrogant, borderline psychopath, except when it comes to her friends. And in this one, her friends are going be her Achilles heel. Ahaha, payback is a bitch.


I loved that so much! Seeing her trying to behave as the voice of reason was just... unbelievable.
Her friendship with Jo... well what can I say?
So many feels. I loved it. Finally, a friendship well done: even if most of us don't go literally into Hell because of our friends.

Then there's the other relationship with... I am not going to give you any spoilers on this, because that for me, was half the fun.
Suffice to say that I wasn't expecting it, and that probably made me love it even more.
So yes, I definitely recommend this book, and this series. One of the best I've read lately.


The only downside is that I don't have the paperback in my hand. *psst BD? Sell it, maybe?*

Author's Official Site 

Buy it!
Kobo 

Amazon (paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top