Saturday, 6 February 2016

Arc Approvals and other jibberish...

One of my resolutions for 2016 was is to request as few arcs as possible: just trying to keep me in check when it comes to what I actually want to read.
And a big part of those, are books most of them series that have been released a couple years ago: Kelly Gay, Karen Chance, Kevin Hearne's series amongst others.
Helping me stay on the path is Netgalley: most publishers just keep giving me big fat no's.
It probably has something to do with my constant one star ratings.
Oh well, less negative _ lol _ reviews to write.
As for Edelweiss, I hate having to come up with a text on why I want to read a book... so I haven't been there in awhile.
Although if the book Riders by Veronica Rossi was by chance there, I probably would go on a fangirl jibberish attack -_-
Despite all my talk, there's actually a couple of books that I've requested _ and most likely will be denied _ on Netgalley.
Don't even get me started on Ace's refusal of Kingfisher by Patricia Mckillip.
...
...
YOU IDIOTS, THE AUTHOR IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES!
WHAT DO YOU THINK I WAS GOING TO DO?
GIVE HER A ONE STAR RATING?

So, *takes a deep breath* waiting for approval or most likely denial are:


If I request a book is because I think, or at least I HOPE, that it is going to be good. I don't like to write negative reviews, but if I don't like a book, I am not going to lie about it so that I can be arc approved.
I refuse to follow in the footsteps of some reviewers that only give 5 star ratings: I am sorry, but I don't trust someone who likes everything he or she reads.
But this is not the reason I started writing this post. I just wanted to share the two arc approvals _ well, technically only one, since one of them was on the To read now, section _ that I got through Netgalley:




I still haven't read Dickens's A Tale of Two Cities, and honestly I am not very in the mood, so I think I'll just go into Brennan's retelling with a clean slate...

As for Tachyon's edition, it is a Mckillip book: I'm in book heaven.
What about you? What are you guys looking forward to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top