Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Lake of Dreams by Linda Howard



                                  


DNF at 50%                   Arc provided by Pocket Books through Netgalley

                                        Release Date: May, 2nd

Part of the Netgalley description says: "available for the first time as a standalone ebook at an unbeatable price!"
I admit that that should have given me a hint... so my bad.
Had I done that, I would've discovered that this book was originally published in 1996. Twenty years have passed, so give it some slack, some people might say.
The problem is, this doesn't feel as if it was written in the nineties. It feels as it was written in the eighties.
A paranormal romance written in the "eighties". What could go wrong? -_-
I only requested this, because so far I had loved all Linda Howard's books _ her thriller/suspense books_ that I read. Her heroines have all been strong characters, in possession of clear, straightforward minds. People who know what they have to do to achieve their goal. They would never act as the idiot in this book, who goes walking barefoot in her nightgown with this strange guy some fine morning so that he can say that she has nice "tits", amongst other things. There's also some damsel in distress behaviour, like having to be carried by him. That facilitates him fondling her ass... but since she has been dreaming with a guy who looks like him _ who either violently has sex with her, or just kills her!  but I guess that's okay! o_O
Ugh. I am not even going to bother reading the last part, I am so mad with the whole thing.
DNF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top