Monday, 26 September 2016

Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim #1) by Addison Cain






TW: RAPE, VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN, SEXUAL SLAVERY, FORCED IMPREGNATION, WEIRD SEX, AND MANY OTHER THINGS

If you read this a romance (which I see some people are doing and... ok) it's shit. Just my opinion, so don't bother arguing with me about it.
If you read this, as I did, as an in-depth exploration of abusive relationships it's A+++.

Seriously, it's like The Handmaid's Tale but only with icky sex!

I love Claire so, SO much! 
She is so strong, so brave, so honourable. 
She is honestly such an amazing character. It's admirable how she doesn't cave under the horrible abuse and repeated rape she is subjected to, how she never stops trying to escape.
It's just heart-warming how she always, and I do mean ALWAYS, looks out for other women. 
It's refreshing how she constantly points out how fucked up the whole situation is and how she is not consenting to any of it.
It's just a breath of fresh air how she does NOT fall for her abuser, no matter how manipulative he is.

I don't know if Cain meant this as I read it, but it's amazing and so unlike the usual plot followed in these types of books. And even if she didn't mean for it to be read like this... well, every reader interprets a book as they want, so it's a fantastic book to me regardless of the author's intent.

If you can stomach the subject matter this is a book you shouldn't miss.


Buy Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim #1)
@ Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top