Saturday, 29 October 2016

The White Cat and the Monk: A Retelling of the Poem “Pangur Bán” by Jo Ellen Bogart




I've loved Pangur Bán ever since I first heard of it back at uni in Medieval Literature, so I was pretty excited when I found this book!

This is a great way to introduce children to the poem, the writing is simple and the illustrations are cute.



However, I'll admit I've been spoiled by The Secret of Kells... It's hard to follow up their Pangur Bán and the artistic beauty I've come to associate with the poem.





So I guess the inevitable comparison hurt my rating of this book, somewhat.

I do really recommend this book, just as I recommend watching The Secret of Kells!


Watch this clip:




Buy The White Cat and the Monk: A Retelling of the Poem Pangur Bán
@ The Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top